Ignyte is seeking an exceptionally bright Project Manager to join our team in San Diego. The Project manager is our agency’s central nervous system, tasked with building trust and confidence by facilitating a positive experience. Because a large part of our culture is being provocative – asking the tough questions and seeking the truth, our ideal candidate is someone who can develop and manage key systems and processes that empower our team to serve our clients more effectively and efficiently.
Keep Reading This If You Are:
- Driver of Action: You have a meticulous eye for detail and you live for inspiring teams, overcoming hurdles, moving projects forward and getting things done.
- Detail Oriented: You are impeccable when it comes to quality control and diligent about follow up and follow through both internally and externally during a project.
- Positive Learner: You have a passion for creating supportive cultures and encouraging environments while keeping teams positive even under the most stressful of times. You strive to learn and grow every day.
- Implementer: When there’s a bottleneck you’re the first to notice and you figure out how to get a project back on track.
- Problem Solver: You are able to find creative ways to solve complex problems while working with a small team and limited resources.
- Hard Worker: You are always the first one in and the last one out. You demonstrate high energy and want to be challenged every day.
- Adaptive: You are open to admitting and learning from mistakes and not knowing everything. You are resourceful and try to figure things out independently before seeking guidance. You are willing to take on new tasks and do whatever is needed.
Project management (~70%)
- Ensure that 100% of projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget by effectively managing resources, timelines and milestones while controlling project costs and profitability.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring project feasibility.
- Build detailed project plans in Teamwork (PM Tool), assign appropriate people to each task, monitor and track progress, prepare and deliver project status reports.
- Define and manage an efficient and effective production meeting schedule.
- Manage client expectations, serve as the escalation point for project issues, and obtain all required approvals of project finances and deliverables.
- Oversee quality control and ensure that all stakeholders (internal/client) are fully satisfied with the project deliverables.
- Assist with internal projects as needed, including the creation of sales proposals and presentations, website content integration, sales and marketing reporting, and special projects as requested.
- Define, manage and optimize business processes to enable the agency to be more efficient, more effective, and more scalable.
- Assist with ad hoc operations tasks and projects, accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests while continually adding value.
- Act as assistant to the CEO and a backup to the team, with a can-do-attitude where no task is too small.
- Coordinate travel, plan internal events, order supplies, enter data, assist in the onboarding process for new hires, ad hoc errands and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelors or associates degree
- 3+ years project management or similar experience
- High levels of emotional intelligence and critical thinking abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to juggle priorities
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- People skills that will inspire the confidence of our clients and build trust
- Ability to resolve conflict through diplomacy, empathy and understanding
- Go-getter who is results oriented, and calmly executes with a thoughtful approach. Willing to work at irregular times if required
- Proficient in Google Apps, MS Office, Apple Operating System
- Productivity and project management software experience preferred
To Apply, Please Email Us the Following:
- Apply to careers[at]ignytebrands[dot]com. Do not apply via LinkedIn, job boards, website
- Use the subject line “Applying for the Ignyte project manager position”
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following:
- Why are you interested in working at Ignyte?
- How would you describe your ideal company culture?
- What’s your favorite project management tool and why?
- Your resume
- How much do you NEED to make right away and how much do you WANT to make in 3 years (a range is fine)?
- If you want to stand out even more send us some examples of your accomplishments as a project manager
Headquartered in the heart of sunny San Diego, Ignyte is a different kind of branding firm. We specialize in brand strategy, identity, and storytelling, offering a unique range of expertise under one roof. Our purpose is to help companies discover their authenticity, and leverage it to create compelling stories that engage and inspire. Ignyte has worked to define the purpose, positioning, and differentiation of brands in the industries of healthcare, wellness, professional development, financial services, technology, life sciences, and more.