Ignyte is seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Designer to join our team in San Diego. The Senior Designer develops innovative design solutions to solve complex business problems. Translates research-driven strategy into authentic brand experiences, working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team on projects ranging from corporate identity to website design. Inspires confidence and builds trust by communicating ideas with passion and confidence.
Keep Reading This If You Are:
- Endlessly Creative: You have a strong understanding of design thinking and a passion for creating powerful brand identities. You have strong aesthetic sensibilities and multidisciplinary skills. You enjoy all parts of graphic design–from the nuts and bolts of production to the soaring big picture of brand story.
- An Inspiring Leader: You have a passion for creating encouraging environments and keeping teams positive in times of stress. Your clarity of vision excites and inspires those around you, earning the respect of colleagues and clients alike.
- A Hard Worker: You are always the first one in and the last one out. You demonstrate high energy and want to be challenged every day.
- Detail Oriented: You are impeccable when it comes to quality control and diligent about follow-up and follow-through. Nothing gets past you.
- A Positive Learner: You strive to learn and grow every day. You make confident design decisions and persuasively articulate your vision, but learn from your mistakes.
- A Problem Solver: You find creative ways to solve complex problems while working with a small team and limited resources.
- An Adaptive Thinker: You aren’t too proud to admit you don’t know everything. You own up to your mistakes and are committed to learning from them.
Client Work (~80%)
- Conceptualize visual identity systems that boldly evoke brand strategy and maintain Ignyte’s vision and creative standards. Demonstrate a strong understanding of color theory, typography, and imagery.
- Create detailed brand guidelines to clearly outline optimal usage standards.
- Design responsive websites with a strong understanding of UX, including information architecture, wireframing, and user flows. Collaborate closely with development team to ensure the faithful execution of design.
- Develop a deep understanding of each client’s brand, industry, goals and challenges.
- Conduct internal and competitive brand audits and confidently present findings to clients.
- Create marketing collateral systems including brochures, presentations, and other touchpoints.
- Partner with other agency disciplines to ensure a holistic brand experience across multiple touchpoints.
- Effectively communicate your ideas when presenting to clients, defending your decisions while being open to feedback. Support recommendations with brand research as appropriate.
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Assist sales and account team in the definition of project scope and objectives.
Internal Work (~20%)
- Assist with regular design updates to the Ignyte website.
- Create collateral including checklists, guides, and case studies for use in content marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to pitching clients, clearly communicating Ignyte’s value propositions.
- Stay up to date with contemporary design trends, tools and methodologies, and share that knowledge with other team members.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- 5+ years of experience (agency preferred) designing logos, websites, and collateral
- Strong portfolio of creative work that showcases solid design processes
- Proven client management skills with the ability to balance scope, budget and business goals
- Experience mentoring and developing peers, giving feedback and guiding them through projects
- High levels of emotional intelligence and critical thinking abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to juggle priorities
- Strong communication skills that will inspire the confidence of our clients and build trust
- Go-getter who is results oriented, and who calmly executes with a thoughtful approach
- Willing to work at irregular times if required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and MS Office
- Bachelors or associates degree
To Apply, Please Email Us the Following:
- Apply to careers[at]ignytebrands[dot]com. Do not apply via LinkedIn, job boards, website
- Use the subject line “Applying for the Ignyte senior designer position”
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following:
- Why are you interested in working at Ignyte?
- What separates you from the majority of other designers in the industry?
- How would you describe your ideal company culture?
- What’s your favorite graphic design tool and why?
- Your resume
- Your design portfolio including examples of logo and website design work
- How much do you NEED to make right away and how much do you WANT to make in 3 years (a range is fine)?
Headquartered in the heart of sunny San Diego, Ignyte is a different kind of branding firm. We specialize in brand strategy, identity, and storytelling, offering a unique range of expertise under one roof. Our purpose is to help companies discover their authenticity, and leverage it to create compelling stories that engage and inspire. Ignyte has worked to define the purpose, positioning, and differentiation of brands in the industries of healthcare, wellness, professional development, financial services, technology, life sciences, and more.